What’s new in the Retail Pro world?
As you ramp up for your busiest retail season, Retail Pro International is ramping up too. We’ve been hard at work developing the mission-critical tools and resources you’ll need to capitalize on the final quarter of 2015.
From the latest product updates, to easy ways to get more from your Retail Pro, to upcoming customer community events, here’s what’s new in the Retail Pro world.
Retail Pro Product Updates
Retail Pro® 9.3 maintenance release
Retail Pro 9.3 Maintenance release is now available. In addition to functionality improvements, in this release you will find augmentation to payment handling and EMV support, so our US-based customers can be prepared for the upcoming October EMV-readiness deadline.
To find out more about this release and the other features available, contact your authorized Retail Pro Business Partner.
Retail Pro Prism® POS 1.3.3 general availability release
This release marks several important improvements and enhancements to the Retail Pro Prism feature set, including that of the API. Some of the more significant features are noted below. Contact your Authorized Retail Pro Business Partner for the full list of improvements.
- Portrait Layout support – Now you can get small mobility form-factor and take advantage of devices like Apple iPod and Honeywell Captuvo SL-22 with the portrait-based user interface to RP Prism.
- Image Support – Improve customer service and item validation at the time of sale with the use of item and customer images.
- Inventory View – Look up and review of inventory while you’re engaging the customer on the sales floor with this first step into the Store Operations functionality of RP Prism.
- Customer History – Be more effective in clienteling using your customer’s shopping history. Data that exists in RP9 is now available to the Prism installation that resides within the same server as that RP9 installation.
- PrismMQ – The initialization of Inventory and Customers has increased in speed and efficiency, which makes it on par with and in some cases better than previous communication platforms like RP9’s ECM.
Retail Pro University Training
2-minute skill booster
This month we introduced a new feature in our University Mail services update. The 2-minute skill booster highlights a particular feature in Retail Pro – what it’ll do for you, where you’ll find it – so you can leave the mundane to your software and get on with more important things.
Got 2 minutes? Learn how to use POS flags to collect customer details at the point of sale.
NEW: Executive Education Series session
Driven by popular demand and the because of accelerated retail growth in the Gulf, Retail Pro International will host a special pre-summit event for top retail professionals in the Middle East. Participants will get a detailed look at how perfecting a brand’s merchandising strategy can help increase retail sales and inventory turn, and will earn a Retail Pro University Executive Education Series Certificate.
Perfecting the Art of Selling in a Luxury Economy
December 9, 2015 * 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Retail Pro International offices – Dubai, UAE Branch
Retail Pro Upcoming Events
Mark your calendar now and join the brightest retail and brand thought leaders and innovators to share ideas at the 2015-2016 Retail Pro Customer Summits.
Curated by Retail Pro International exclusively for retail industry executives across luxury, fashion, footwear, lifestyle, gift and beauty brands, our Retail Summits provide you with the tools, insight and perspectives on evolving consumer expectations, retail trends and brand directions.
Whether you’re new to the community or a life-long Retail Pro user, join the conversation!
December 10, 2015 * 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
The Conrad, Dubai
February 19, 2016 * 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Caesars Palace, Las Vegas